Fifth and Sixth Class boys go up to the Chemistry, Physics or Biology Lab for an hour of Science every week. But even the Junior Infants enjoy simple scientific experiments in class, as pictured below
Wednesday’s non-uniform day in aid of the earthquake victims in Haiti raised the sum of six hundred euro. Thanks to all parents and pupils who contributed so generously to the fund-raising effort.
A special ceremony to launch this year’s Senior Cup campaign was held in the Hall on Monday. All pupils from Prep School and Secondary School attended. Past pupils Donncha O’Callaghan and Tomás O’Leary were on hand to present the jerseys to the 2010 squad. Best of luck to them!
Weekend Results: CBC v Kinsale, Saturday 23 January
3rd Class: CBC 45; Kinsale 15; try scorers for CBC: Jacob Coughlan Farrell, Rohan Keily, Adam O’Brien, Eoghan Fisher; Coach: Mr Steven Lynch
4th Class: CBC 15; Kinsale 15; try scorers for CBC: Ronan Barry, Séan Lynch; Coach: Mr Martin Owens.
5th Class: CBC 35; Kinsale 25; try scorers: Sam Casey, Paul Harrington, Tommy Hyde, Marc Burke, David Love; Coach: Mr Dennis Linehan.
6th Class CBC: 15; Kinsale 15; try scorers: Robbie O’Flynn, Rory O’Mahony; Coach Mr Ian Rea.
The weather has been very much in the news lately and Sixth Class pupil James Keaveney has taken a special interest in how information on climate is gathered. He built a weather station consisting of a thermometer to measure maximum and minimum daily temperature, a precipitation gauge to measure rainfall and a barometer to measure atomopheric pressure. James constructed the barometer himself, using ordinary household items. James then demonstrated his weather station, very ably, to his class.
- Arrangements are being made to reschedule the games that were postponed due to bad weather; these games include away games against Bandon and Crosshaven and a home game against Skibbereen.
- 23 January: All age groups; Away; v Kinsale
- 30 January: All age groups; Away; v Dunmanway
- 6 February: Fixture to be confirmed
- 13 February: Fixture to be confirmed
- 20 February: u-9 and u-11; Blitz in Clonakilty
- 27 February: u-10 and u-12; Blitz; Home
- 13 March: All age groups; Away; v Ballincollig
- 20 March: All age groups; Away; v Skibbereen
- 27 March: All age groups; Home blitz; v Youghal & Cork Con
- 16-18 April: 6th Class Tour to Bath
- 24 April: End of Season Fixture
Dennis Linehan (Prep School Head)
The Parents Council dinner is on Friday next, 15 January. If you did not get your ticket yet, tickets are still available from members of the Parents Council. Your support would be appreciated for this, the fist event organised by the new Prep School Parents Council.
At lunchtime today, the Minister for Education withdrew his instruction to all schools to close until Thursday next. Therefore, since the weather is forecasted to improve, it has been decided that CBC Preparatory School and Secondary School will open on Wednesday 13 January.